Stephen Levy

Stephen Levy

Forres Mechanics crashed out of the North of Scotland Cup to Brora Rangers which also brought the season to its end. Charile Brown was the Cans only scorer with the Brora goals coming from a Kyle Macleod hat-trick and Steve Mackay goal. F/T - Brora Rangers 4 Forres 1 

Forres Mechanics are safely through to the semi-finals of the North Cup after they defeated Halkirk Utd by 3 goals to nil. Goals came from Andrew Mcrae (4), Craig McGovern (23) and Callum Howarth (80). Forres will now meet Brora Rangers away next Saturday with a 3pm kick-off for a place in the final. F/T - Halkirk Utd 0 Forres 3 

Forres Mechanics scored a last minute winner through young Owen Paterson to knock out 9 man Inverness Clach from the 1st round of the North of Scotland Cup. Liam Shewan gave the away side the lead just after nine minutes and Stuart Soane equalised five minutes before half-time and send both clubs in level at half-time. With Clach down to nine men Owen Paterson then hit his last minute to send the club into the next round of the cup. F/T -  Forres 2 Clach 1

Forres Mechanics will finish in the top six after a drab draw tonight at home to Formartine Utd which brought the close of their league season. Both clubs were unable to find net in this end of season match and give Forres the point they required to finish sixth .F/T - Forres 0 Formartine 0.

Forres look to secure a top six finish after a 3-0 win away to Huntly today. Forres took the lead after only six minutes after a Soane pass was met by Lee Fraser who slid it under the advancing keeper from only 7 yards.  Simon Allan then missed a penalty after 15 mins. Forres did however get a second goal when Alan Pollock fired in free-kick from 19 yards to give the Cans a two goal lead and made it three nil just four mins later to give the Cans the half-time lead. In the 2nd half Huntly went down to 10 men for the last 25 mins but Forres could not add to their total to leave them needing one more point in the final game to secure a top six finish.  F/T - Huntly 0 Forres 3. 

10 man Forres came back to earn a draw today at Mosset Park against Rothes who had taken the lead after 26 mins from McKay. Two minutes later Forres went to 10 players when captain Graeme Grant was shown the red after a 2nd booking. In the second half Forres were awarded a penalty and Alan Pollock made no mistake but could not find the winner and earn both sides a point a piece. F/T - Forres1 Rothes 1 

Sunday, 02 April 2017 09:59

Forres move up to 6th in the table

Forres Mechanics moved up to 6th in the league table with a home win against Lossiemouth at Mosset Park. Forres took the lead after 15 mins through Graham Fraser and then doubled their lead 4 mins later with a goal from Alan Pollock. Lossiemouth then pulled a goal back through Charlesworth and a Graeme Grant OG brought the clubs level on the half-hour mark, Just before half-time Graham Fraser added his 2nd to put the Cans ahead at half-time. Five minutes into the 2nd half, Graham Fraser helped himself to a hat-trick and ensure the home side picked up the full league points. F/T - Forres 4 Lossiemouth 2

Saturday, 25 March 2017 17:07

Forres win at Banff

Forres Mechanics came away from Banff today with all three league points with a victory against Deveronvale. . A goal in each half from Lee Fraser and Simon Allan penalty was enough to secure the  points, even after going down to 10 players after Groat was shown a red card for his 2nd yellow. F/T -Deveronavle 0 Forres 2 

Wednesday, 22 March 2017 22:17

Forres in seventh Heaven

Forres Mechanics hit Nairn County for seven in our Highland League fixture tonight at Mosset Park . Lee Fraser hit a hat-trick while the Cans racked up one of the biggest margins in years against our local rivals. Craig McGovern started the rout followed by a Soane double and another from Andrew Macrae completed the scoreline. F/T - Forres 7 Nairn 1

Forres Mechanics came back from two goals behind and take all league points back to Mosset Park. Forres did take the lead after 26 mins through Pollock but then lost two goals before half-time when MacKenzie and Booth gave the home club the half-time lead. Turriff then went further ahead when Wood scored just after the hour mark but Forres pulled a goal back three minutes later from Lee Fraser. Stuart Soane then pulled the Cans level and Alan Pollock hit the winner three minutes from the end to cap another amazing comeback. F/T- Turriff Utd 3 Forres 4. 

Page 1 of 6